This page outlines the steps needed to install the ExamDeveloper application. These instructions were created for ExamDeveloper Version 7.1601 and above. If you are installing an older version, it is likely that these instructions may differ slightly for your particular version. Please contact Pearson VUE Tech Support if you notice any discrepancies.
1. Download ExamDeveloper application files
Steps to download the ExamDeveloper application files (along with the micro services files) can be found in Download ExamDeveloper Application Files.
2. SQL Server Database setup
You can read about the steps involved in SQL Server database in SQL Server Database Setup. This includes the following:
- Create a new database
- Restore database files
- SQL Server user management
3. Reporting Services setup
Reporting Services setup is detailed in Reporting Services Setup along with the below three steps.
- Create DSN for Report Server
- Report User with Minimum Permissions
- Upload and Configure .RDL files
4. Update Windows Registry
Details about updating the Windows registry can be found in Update Windows Registry.
5. RabbitMQ Setup and configuration
You can read about the steps involved in installing and configuring EDRS in RabbitMQ Setup and Configuration.
6. IIS Web Server Configuration
Details about IIS Web Server setup of ExamDeveloper can be found over here.
7. Prerequisites Setup For SearchService (EDSS) and Enemy Detection (EDQSS)
You can read about the steps involved in setting up the prerequisites for EDSS and EDQSS in IIS Web Server Configuration.
8. Install ExamDeveloper and Microservices for ExamDeveloper version 7.1704 and above.
You can read about the steps involved in installing and configuring all the microservices for ED 7.1704 and above in Install ExamDeveloper and Microservices.
8.a Install ExamDeveloper and Microservices for ExamDeveloper version 7.1702 or less.
You can read about the steps involved in installing and configuring all the microservices for ED 7.1702 or less in Install ExamDeveloper and Microservices for 7.1702 or less.
9. Configure Automatic Email Notifications using Task Scheduler
You can also configure the application to send email notifications automatically. Read more about how to set this up in Configure Automatic Email Notifications using Task Scheduler.
10. Create the Initial Administrator User (Only for ExamDeveloper version 7.1704 and above)
You can read about the steps involved in creating the first admin user in Create the Initial Administrator User (Only for ExamDeveloper version 7.1704 and above).
Using the ExamDeveloper Application
Once, the ExamDeveloper application is set up, we will see how it is used in Using ExamDeveloper Application. The ExamDeveloper application supports two types of logins: Admin and a regular user. We will see details about both logins in the below two sections.
- Using the ExamDeveloper Admin Console
- A sample use case on writing a Question
Services Dependency Chart
The chart providing an overview about how the application and micro services impact each other can be viewed in Services Dependency Chart.