Task Scheduler built into Windows, can be used to enable ExamDeveloper to automatically send out email reminders for users with incomplete assignments.
In order to send periodic notifications to user about their pending work assignments, the server must be configured correctly.
To get the emails sent out automatically, set up a Task in the Task Scheduler.
- Go to Start → Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Task Scheduler and click Create a Basic Task in the right pane under Actions.
- In the Create Basic Task Wizard window that opens, enter the name of the task and a description of the task in the box and click Next.
- Select Daily from the Trigger list of radio buttons, click Next.
- Set up the Start date and the time that the emails should be sent and how often it should be resent in the Recur every: __ days box, click Next.
- Select the button that says Start a program, choose Next.
- In the Program/script box, enter the physical location where curl.exe has been extracted after downloading such as C:\curl\ folder in our example.
In the Add arguments (optional) box, specify the argument path “-k <Host-server>/<WebApp>/Unauthenticated/NotificationMailer.aspx“, where <Host-server> is the ExamDeveloper domain server ("https://WIN-VSGF1NBSVPB" in our example) and <WebApp> is the ExamDeveloper app name ("ExamDeveloper" in our example). Click Next.
- Click Finish.
The task can now be seen in the Task Manager menu.