To access the Project Writing Summary page:
Select the Develop Questions → Write item → Summary menu. The Project Writing Summary page is displayed.
Here you are able to view the Write Questions and Draft/Returned Questions sections.
The Write Questions tab displays a summary of the Questions you have been assigned. Questions are written to specific Blueprint areas.
The Write Questions tab includes the following features:
The Write icon indicates that you are authorized to write Questions for the corresponding Blueprint area. Click this icon to open the Write Question page with the Blueprint preselected.
The portion of the exam Blueprint that the Questions must address.
The number of Questions you have been assigned to write.
The number of Questions you have yet to write.
|Due Date||The date by which the assignment must be completed. This is in MM/DD/YYYY format.|
The Draft/Returned Questions tab also displays the number of Questions in the Draft and Returned states in the parentheses after its name text. This tab includes the following features:
Clicking the Delete button deletes the Draft Question.
Returned Questions cannot be deleted and the Returned questions cannot be deleted icon is displayed in place of the Delete button. When a Returned Question is opened for editing and saved as a Draft, it is placed in the Draft state. Such Returned Questions in a Draft state also cannot be deleted and the Returned questions cannot be deleted icon is displayed.
|Write||Click the Edit icon to modify the Draft/Returned Question.|
|Question||The Question Stem of the Draft/Returned Question is displayed here. The text is hyperlinked. Click the hyperlink to open the Question.|
|Last Modified||The date when the Question was last modified.|
|State||The current state of the Question.|
The Submitted Question(s) tab of the Project Writing Summary page shows all the Questions written by the user, currently in Review/Validate/Completed State(s) in the Project.
To write Questions for a Project:
- If you want to write to a specific Blueprint area that you have been assigned, click the Edit button corresponding to the desired Blueprint area.
The Write Questions page appears.
- This page is used for writing Questions and is divided into two sections.
- The top portion is where you select the question type and write the Question and answer options. Below those boxes, you see the "Show options in random order on exam" check box that can be disabled for one Question (and not for another).
- In the bottom part of the page, you enter information about the Question such as the Blueprint levels, Metadata, references, and comments.
If you want to write an unclassified Question, click the link Write Questions tab above the Blueprint table or on the Edit button of Unclassified Exam Blueprint.
The Write Question page includes the following tabs at the bottom:
Allows you to specify Blueprint levels of the Question, such as the topic for which the user will be writing the Question.
Allows you to specify the source material as the Reference for the Question. This can be a Book, Journal article, website URL, or a Math Equation.
Allows you to add comments for yourself or other users who will view the Question.
Allows you to group Questions by subject matter area, add new contents if your Project allows it, and to categorize the Metadata to Questions and Assets, individually or together.
Split Screen Exhibits Allows you to add and configure Split Screen Exhibits. Popup Exhibits Allows you to add and configure Popup Exhibits. Advanced Properties Allows you to specify the title for the Exhibits window or other items requiring a title in QTI.
- After you finish all the above steps, you can:
- Check spelling mistakes by clicking the Check Spelling link.
- Select an available user from the Submit on Behalf of drop-down control if you want that user to show as the author of the Question.
- Reset the data entered in the Question by clicking the Revert Changes button. This doesn't affect data entered in Comments, Metadata, Popup Exhibits, and Split Screen Exhibits tabs.
- Add a different Question to the cases by clicking the Add Question to Case button.
- Save Question as a Draft with the current changes and remain on the Write Question page to edit it further by clicking the Save Changes button.
- Submit Question as a Draft to make pending modifications later by clicking the Save and finish later button.
- Submit Question by clicking the Submit button, then click Submit again in the Confirm Submit pop-up that appears.
Rich Text Editor:
This tool allows you to help in formatting the Question Stem and Answer Options. This can help insert Assets and Mathematical formulas.
The Math Editor:
To add any mathematical formulas, click Math editor button, the pop-up opens as shown below.
Insert formulas by clicking the buttons, and click the OK button or click Cancel to discard.
This function allows you to check for spelling errors in the text.
To check for errors in the text, select the Tools → Check Spellings menu. A pop-up window opens, as shown below.
Use this tool to correct spelling, replace one word with another by clicking the Replace button, or add a new word to the dictionary by clicking the Learn button.