Once all the required modifications have been made and saved to the exam form configuration, you are ready to export the QTI Package file to be played in the Pearson VUE Player for the candidate to take the exam. To generate this ZIP archive package file, click the Export button at the bottom. If you have made changes, you must click Save before clicking Export.
An Export options pop-up appears where you can decide how to generate the Question Review Form, which is a file named "Review.xml", that is also generated along with the other files in the export package. This file contains information about the list of items from the exam form.
The following selections are available in the Export options pop-up:
- Generate separate itempool file for DT items: The items that are part of the Delivery Template (DT) itembank are exported in a separate Itempool file. When this option is selected, the ItemPool-DT.xml file only contains items that belong to the DT itembank and the ItemPool.xml file only contains the items that belong to the standard itembank. If this option is not selected, the ItemPool.xml file contains all standard itembank and DT itembank items.
- Generate question review form: The Question Review Form Review.xml is generated containing all the items from the standard Item Bank Project that are on the exam form.
- Include items in delivery template item bank in review form: The Question Review Form Review.xml is generated containing all the items from the standard Item Bank Project that are on the exam form and also all the items that may be from the Delivery Template Item Bank via template applied to the exam form.
The export begins when you click the Ok button. A progress indicator circular animation is shown while the QTI Export is generating.
This may not be visible for smaller exams because the QTI Export may happen very quickly, but it provides a good measure of the progress of the process for large exam forms.
The ZIP file contains all the information about the examination along with the exam forms, items, and assets. Shown below is an example of the contents of the ZIP archive.
Here is a brief explanation of the files that may be present within the zip file:
- Assessment.xml: represents all the ExamForm nodes and the list of all sections in all the Exams.
- ItemPool.xml: XML file containing information related to all the Questions in the standard itembank. If "Generate separate itempool file for DT items" is not selected, it also contains the items from the DT itembank.
- ItemPool-DT.xml: XML file containing only the items from the DT itembank. This file is only present if "Generate separate itempool file for DT items" is selected.
- Manifest.xml: Manifest file. Identifies exam Language, and all the contents of the exam.
- QAReview.xml: Group all items on one exam form for review purposes.
- <Exam Name>.cpf: Pearson Compiler Project file, which can run in the Pearson VUE Player and play the examination.
- Section.xml: represents all the Sections the user created and added to all the Exams, and all items included in the sections.
- Image files (if any): Assets.
- ReportingGroup.xml: This file is generated when Reporting Groups are added to an assessment and items are present in the Reporting Group.
- ResourceMap.zip: This file is generated when a Resource Container is added to an assessment. The ResourceMap.xml file used to define various display settings for assets such as the scroll position and split screen state in the Pearson VUE Player.
- Review.xml: This file contains the items from the Item Bank Project and from the Delivery Template Item Bank if selected.