The Auto Build feature creates a new exam form / exam section with items using a suitable algorithm and is based on certain criteria defined during the creation process. This feature allows you to create an exam form / exam section.
The additional functionality of this page is visible upon expanding the Criteria Set by clicking the Add icon. A Criteria Set is a combination of filter and criteria setting.
Different fields in the Auto Build process include:
|Exam Form settings|
|Name||Assigns a name to the exam form / exam section to be created.|
|Exam Form / Exam Section radio button||Allows you to Auto Build an exam form / exam section if desired.|
|Exam Name / Assign to Exam button||Assigns the exam form to an existing exam group or allows you to create an exam group if it doesn't already exist. This is visible when the Exam Form radio button is selected.|
|Language Code||The language dode of the exam form. This restricts the language code of the contained items and/or cases to the one specified. This drop-down freezes after a Criteria Set is saved.|
|Total # of Questions||This is the sum of the Target # of Questions of current set of all the Criteria Sets. This is the total expected number of items in the exam form.|
|Allow enemy items||This grayed out check box identifies if Enemy Items are allowed on the exam form. The state of this check box is selected if Enemies are allowed on at least one of the Criteria Sets and not selected if Enemies are not allowed on any of the Criteria Sets.|
|Criteria Set settings|
|Allow enemy items for the criteria||When selected, items with enemy association are allowed in the Criteria Set.|
|Include Case along with all its Questions, if one of the Questions on the Case meets the Criteria||When this check box is selected, a case along with its items is included if at least one of the items on that case meets the criteria.|
Filter the Questions Used
|Add filter for the exam form / exam section building process. See Add a Filter topic for more information.|
|Target # of Questions of current set||Define the number of items in the exam form / exam section for the current Criteria Set.|
|Select Criteria for Exam Form||Select the criteria for the items that must be matched and included in the exam form / exam section.|
|Save||Saving the result makes the exam form / exam section available in View Exam page or View Sections page respectively.|
|Cancels the Auto Build process.|
Steps to Auto Build an exam form
Name: Assign a Name for the exam form in the provided text box and select the radio button next to Exam Form to start creating an exam form.
- Follow the below steps:
- Select the Create Exam Form → Auto Build menu.
- Enter the name of the exam form in the Name text box.
- Click the Assign to Exam button to open a pop-up window and proceed in one of the following two ways to provide an exam group to contain the exam form:
- To associate an existing exam group with the exam form:
- Select one of the exam groups in the list and click the Select button near the bottom of the window.
- The selected exam group is associated with the selected exam forms.
- To create a new exam group and associate the exam form with it:
- Enter a name for the new exam group in the Exam text box and click the Add New button.
A new exam group is created with the specified name, and the exam form is associated with it.
- To associate an existing exam group with the exam form:
- Select the required Language Code from the drop-down list. This ensures that the items and/or cases included in the exam form will have the same language code.
- Click the Add icon to initialize the Criteria Set module in order to enter the filter and criteria details.
- Select the Allow enemy items for the criteria check box if you want to allow Items with enemy association in the Criteria Set.
- In the first Criteria Set, select the check box for Include Case along with all its Questions, if one of the Questions on the Case meets the criteria or let it remain deselected (default). When this check box is selected, a case along with its items is included if one of the items on that case meets the search criteria. If you do not select this check box, cases are not included in the exam form at all for this Criteria Set.
- Filter the Questions Used: The Add Filter button allows you to add preset search criteria or create new search criteria. The pop-up shows two tabs:Select Criteria and Create new Saved Search.
To learn more about the Add Filter option, see the Add a Filter topic.
Target # of Questions of current set: Specify the number of items that will make up the exam form via the current Criteria Set.
- Select Criteria for Exam Form: This drop-down list has three options to select from - Question Blueprint Criteria, Question Metadata Criteria, and Commonality with Other Exam. Select the required target criteria and click the Add Criteria button.
To learn more about the Add Criteria option, see the Add Criteria topic.
- Once a Criteria Set is ready, it appears on the Auto Build page as displayed below.
- Cancel button: Cancel saving the Criteria Set and return to step 4.
- Save button: Save the Criteria Set and return to Auto Build page as displayed below.
You can now proceed to either add more Criteria Sets by clicking the Add icon.
Upon adding more Criteria Sets, they are listed below the earlier sets.
It is possible to edit or delete individual Criteria Sets by clicking their corresponding Edit or Delete icons respectively. It is also possible to move the Criteria Set up or down via drag and drop with the mouse. The Criteria Sets are processed from top to bottom.
- Click the Preview Result button to view the number of items selected against your Criteria Sets (as shown below). It also shows the number of cases selected into the exam form if you have selected the check box mentioned in step 5.
- Back To Criteria Set button: Go back to the Auto Build page where you can add/delete more Criteria Sets (step 10, image 4).
- Save buttton: The exam form is saved and you are returned to the View Exam page.
- Cancel button: The exam form is not saved and you are returned to the Auto Build page.
You can select the Exam Section radio button instead of Exam Form and follow a similar procedure to Auto Build an exam section. If you select Exam Section, then you cannot assign it to any exam group, so the Assign to Exam button disappears.