Auto-Assign Work is the process by which the items are equally distributed between the users.
Auto-Assign work to users
- Click Auto-Assign Work from the Assign Work to Users page.
- From the Auto-Assign Work page, select check boxes for the type of work to be assigned to the users. This includes Writers, Validators, and Reviewers for the various Review States of the project. Also specify the assignment deadline in the Due Date text box either manually or using the calendar button. In this way, distribution of assignments can be restricted only for Writers, Reviewers (Number of review states available i.e., Review: State one, Review: State two, etc.), and Validators.
- Select the users in the Users list box to whom the work is to be assigned.
- Next, select the level of the blueprint required in the Select Blueprint Level drop-down field.
Select a metadata category from under the Select Metadata and Content section and select a metadata name from the next drop-down. This depends on the metadata category selected in the first drop-down. Select the metadata content in the next drop-down that appears after you select the second drop-down option. Click Add Metadata. The selected metadata also appears under the Criteria listed at the bottom of the page. If you want to remove all the added metadata criteria, click Remove all Metadata Criteria. If is it not necessary to specify any metadata criteria, this step can be skipped.
- In the Write Goal column, enter the number of items to be distributed against each blueprint / metadata criteria.
- Check boxes next to each of the blueprint / metadata criteria can be selected as necessary to determine which of them are to be selected for the assigned work.
- Click Distribute Assignments. (If you want to start all over again, you can click Delete ALL Assignments).
- The assignments are distributed according to the choice made by the Project Manager.
- To view the assignments distributed, see the Assign Questions page.