Make corrections to an item
Click the Modify button on the Examine Questions page. On the Modify Question page, which is identical to the Write Questions page that authors view, you may be asked to enter a reason for the modification if the project configuration requires it.
The Modify Questions page opens with a message at the top of the pages stating that you checked out the item. This is an automatic item check-out. Make the required edits to the item.
Click Submit to save the changes. The changes are saved, the item is checked in, and you are returned to the Examine Questions page.
For item types except Shared Option List (R-Type) items:
For Shared Option List (R-Type) items:
Modify the lead-In, item and/or answer options on the Options tab, as well as item stems and/or correct option choice on the Stems tab, as necessary.
Modifying the question stems:
To remove a question stem, you can simply click the Remove a Distractor button, or click the Add Distractor button to add one. You can also add question stems of other R-Type items present in the project, to the Stems tab of an R-Type item. The order of the question stems can also be changed by using the up and down arrows on their right.
- On the Stems tab, click the Search for Stems button to search for and add additional stems.
- A new pop-up window opens with the usual options to retrieve items. The Type search criteria and Shared Option List (R-Type) is selected by default. Selecting any other search criteria still results in only R-Type items being displayed on this page, as long as the criteria holds true. Other item types are not displayed.
- Click the Retrieve Questions button to display R-Type items from the currently selected project. The result lists R-Type items according to the search criteria with the Question ID, Lead-In, Stem IDs of all available Stems separated by commas, stem count, and author name.
- Select the check box corresponding to the item whose stems are to be added to the R-Type item and click the Add Question Stem button. All the question stems from the selected R-Type item are added to the R-Type item being modified. If you do not require all the stems from that R-Type item, you may remove the unwanted ones by clicking the Remove Stem button corresponding to them.
- You must add the answer options on the Options tab. When you import question stems from another R-Type item, only the stems are imported.
Select one of the Shared Options as the correct option for this new question stem.
- Click one of the following options:
- Submit button: Save the R-Type item’s modifications, checks-in the item, and returns you to the Examine Questions page
- Exit button: Removes any edits to the item, returns you to the Examine Questions page, and the item remains checked out
Modify an item with multiple language versions
When the default language version of an item having multiple language versions in a project is modified, task notifications are created to modify the remaining language versions of the same item to reflect the change of content. This happens when one or more of the following modifications are made: stem, answer option, correct answer option, adding/deleting answer options, lead-In, assets, adding/deleting stem, and changing the item type.
Once the default language version of the item is modified, task notifications appear under the My Tasks section on the home page, prompting the user to modify the remaining language versions of the same item.
Click the task titles under My Tasks on the home page, the Task View page opens and displays information about the task. As you can see in the screenshot below, a deadline of 7 days from the date of modification of the default language version of the item is set to complete the task.
Visit Work with Enemy Items to learn more about enemy items.