An item collection is a static grouping of items. On the Project Manager's Project Bank page, you can choose specific items to add to a collection. These items remain members of that collection regardless of any changes that may occur. Unlike saved searches, if an item’s changes make it ineligible to match the search criteria, it is no longer displayed on the collection.
Item collections can be used as search criteria to include or exclude items in addition to any other search criteria.
Create a new item collection
- Retrieve items using the search criteria on the Manage → Project Bank page.
- From the search results list, select the items to be added to the new collection.
- Click Save Collection. This opens a window that allows you to specify the name of a new collection.
Specify a name for the collection and click Submit to save the new collection.
Add items to an existing collection
- Retrieve items using the necessary search criteria.
- Select the items from the search results list that should be added to the existing collection.
- Click Save Collection. A window opens allowing you to select an existing collection from a drop-down list.
- Choose any existing collection from the Select existing Collection drop-down field.
- Select either Append to Collection to add the items to the existing collection, or Replace Collection to replace the already existing items of that collection with the newly selected items.
Submit button: Save the selected items to the selected collection and returns to View Collections page.
Cancel button: Discard the activity and return to Search Questions page.
Access the View Collections page (work with existing item collections)
Select the Manage → Project Bank → Collections menu.
The View Collections table has following features:
Delete the corresponding collection.
Edit the corresponding collection.
View the items with the corresponding collection.
Generate the corresponding collection to HTML format.
Generate the corresponding collection in Microsoft Word format.
Generate the corresponding exam form in XML format.
The name of the collection.
Question ID of the items contained in the collection.
Number of items contained in the collection.
The name of the user who created the collection along with date and time of its creation.
Add a new collection
- Select the Manage → Project Bank → Collections menu.
- Click Add Collection to display the Add/Edit Collection page.
- Fill in the Name, Provide your search criteria, and click Retrieve Questions.
- Select the required items from the search result grid.
- Click Save to save the selected items to the collection and continue to the View Collections page, or Cancel to discard the changes.
Edit a collection
- From the View Collections page click the Edit icon to display the Add/Edit Collection page.
- Make any necessary changes.
Click Save to save changes, or click Cancel to discard changes.
The Add/Edit Collection page has the following features:
To delete an item, select the box next to the desired item and click Delete link.
Sequence number of the item on the collection.
Question ID number.
State of the item:
Blueprint of the item.
Author of the item.