A Question Collection is a static grouping of Questions. On the Manager's Project Bank page, you can choose specific Questions to add to a Questions Collection. These will remain members of that Collection regardless of any changes that may occur. Unlike Saved Searches, if a Question’s changes make it ineligible to match the search criteria, it will no longer be displayed on the Collection.
Question Collections can be used as search criteria to include or exclude Questions in addition to any other search criteria.
Create a new Question Collection
- Retrieve Questions using the search criteria on the Manager's Project Bank page.
- From the search results list, select the Questions to be added to the new Collection.
- Click Save Collection. This will bring up a window that allows you to specify the name of a new Collection.
Specify a name for the Collection and click Submit to save the new Collection.
Add Questions to an existing Collection
- Retrieve Questions using the necessary search criteria.
- Select the Questions from the search results list that should be added to the existing Collection.
- Click Save Collection. A window will be displayed allowing you to select an existing Collection from a drop-down list.
- Choose any existing Collection from the Select existing Collection drop-down field.
- Select either Append to Collection to add the Questions to the existing Collection, or Replace Collection to replace the already existing Questions of that Collection with the newly selected Questions.
Submit button: Save the selected Questions to the selected Collection and return to View Collections page.
Cancel button: Discard the activity and return to Search Questions page.
Access the Questions Collections page (Work with Existing Question Collections)
Select the Manage → Project Bank → Collections menu.
The View Collections table has following features:
Delete the corresponding Collection.
Edit the corresponding Collection.
View the Questions with the corresponding Collection.
Generate the corresponding Collection to HTML format.
Generate the corresponding Collection in Microsoft Word format.
Generate the corresponding Exam Form in XML format.
The name of the Collection.
Question ID of the Questions contained in the Collection.
Number of Questions contained in the Collection.
The name of the user who created the Collection along with date and time of its creation.
Add a New Collection
- Select the Manage → Project Bank → Collections menu.
- Click Add Collection to display the Add/Edit Collection page.
- Fill in the Name, Provide your search criteria, and click Retrieve Questions.
- Select the required Questions from the search result grid.
- Click Save to save the selected Questions to the Collection and continue to the View Collections page, or Cancel to discard the changes.
Edit a Collection
- From the View Collections page click the Edit icon to display the Add/Edit Collection page.
- Make any necessary changes.
Click Save to save changes, or click Cancel to discard changes.
The Add/Edit Collection page has the following features:
To delete a Question, check the box in next to the Question and click Delete link.
Sequence number of the Question on the Collection.
Question ID number.
State of the Question:
Blueprint of the Question.
Author of the Question.