Item Banks are repositories of Projects belonging to an Organization. Conceptually, Item Banks make it possible for many Projects to mutually share content objects.
The salient features of Item Banks are as follows:
- All Item Banks are scoped to an organization.
- Item Banks have a collection of one or more Projects.
- All content objects belong to one or more Projects in a single Item Bank. No two Item Banks share the same content objects.
- All content objects are Editable in a single Project and Viewable in more than one Project in the same Item Bank.
- Users with the role of Item Bank administrator can create and edit the contents of Item Banks.
By extension, they also inherit permissions of Project managers for all Projects in their Item Banks.
- There can be multiple Item Bank administrators in an organization but only one Item Bank administrator for an Item Bank.
All new Item Banks will have a default Project when first created.
As an Item Bank Administrator, you are responsible for setting up and modifying the contents of the Item Bank as follows:
- Creating Item Banks
- Creating Projects inside Item Banks and assigning Project managers to each Projects.
- Managing Users: Creating users and assigning them to Projects in an Item Bank.
- Managing Projects: Selecting and assigning content (Questions, Cases, Exam Forms, Blueprints, etc) to particular Projects.
- Responding to requests of Project managers to make content editable in their Project when it was previously assigned as view-only.
- Generating reports for all content objects inside Item Banks.