Coming soon to ExamDeveloper
Changes to business rules when editing an item
|Available from||2005 - 2007 (approximately May 2020 to July 2020)|
|Rollout pace||Gradual rollout - users may gain visibility over several releases|
We have made some changes to the rules that apply when editing an item.
- Everyone will now get an error if they save an external item that has bad XML (e.g., if it is missing an ident, or the XML is not well formed).
- A Reviewer will be able to 'just save' a change (i.e., without advancing or returning), even if the change means the item no longer meets blueprint, metadata, or reference requirements. They still won't be able to advance/return the item until the requirements are met again. This could allow a reviewer to make a change that causes the item to leave their review assignment, if it no longer meets the criteria of their review assignment.
- A Project Manager can change an item's state through the Examine Question or Batch Edit pages, even if metadata, reference, or blueprint is required in that state and the requirement is not being met. Project Managers will no longer need to change the project configuration to change the state.
- A Validator will now get an error if they try and submit an item if metadata, references, or blueprint are missing. A Project Manager will need to fix issues before the validator submits the item.
- If an item has an asset that isn't in a completed state, a Writer, Translator, and Reviewer will not be able to submit or advance the item to the validate state (they are already prevented from sending it to a completed state.
Legacy custom report retirement
|Available from||To be determined|
|Rollout pace||Full rollout - users will have immediate visibility as a result of upgrade|
By introducing the most recent custom report available to Project Managers on the Manage → Reports page, we are left with three older custom reports that have now been surpassed and are due for retirement. We will be removing the following three custom reports from ExamDeveloper:
- Question Data
- Question and Statistics Data
- All data
Project Managers who are still working with these reports should switch to the custom report available at Manage → Reports (in the Custom Reports tab).