If an offline spell checker functionality is needed, you can download JSpell Evolution AJAX Spell Checker from http://www.jspell.com/ajax-spell-checker.html.
It may be desirable to install an offline spell checker for one of the two reasons:
Granting the user "Network User" read/write access to the "lexicons" folder in the "JSpell Spell Checker" directory (in our example, C:\Program Files (x86)\JSpell Spell Checker\lexicons) is necessary to be able to save custom dictionaries (exclusions) to be used with JSpell. This can be done as below:
- Navigate using Windows file Explorer to the "JSpell Spell Checker" folder (in our example C:\Program Files (x86)\JSpell Spell Checker), right click the "lexicons" folder inside it, and click Properties.
- Click Security tab in the folder Properties window that opens, and click Edit button.
Click Add in the Permissions window that opens next.
The user who is going to be given Write access to the lexicons folder has to be the same user who is also the IIS user for this instance of ExamDeveloper. In our example, this is the user NETWORK SERVICE.
- Type "Network" in the Select Users or Groups window and click Check Names.
- Select NETWORK SERVICE in the Name (RDN) list and click OK.
- Click OK in the Select Users or Groups window.
- Make sure that the NETWORK SERVICE user is selected in the Group or user names list of the folder Permissions window, and check the checkbox for Write permission in the Permissions list near the bottom of the window. Click OK. Click OK again.