The Locking Response for items assigned to Casescases, when added to an Exam Formexam form, prevents a candidate from viewing or answering items more than once. An example of this may be that the answer to one of the items is contained in either the Question question stem or options for that item. This stops the candidate from going back to a previous item after it has already been answered.
- Select the Develop Questions → Cases menu and select View Cases.
- Click the Edit button for the desired Casecase.
- The items assigned to the Case case are displayed on the Questions tab of the Add/EditCase page.
- Select the check box for the Lock Response column header to Lock Responses for the complete set of items for the selected Casecase.
- The user can also Lock Responses lock responses for only certain items of the Case case by selecting individual Lock Response boxes for specific items.
- Click Save All to save the Case case with the changes.
Items with Lock Response enabled are displayed with a blue lock icon preceding their Question Stem question stem in the search result grid of the Search Questionfor Items page.
The Lock Response check box setting for Items items on Cases cases is carried over to Exam Formsexam forms. The setting is only available as read-only for those items on an Exam Formexam form.
When the Export Cases as Sections (For QTI Packages) check box is selected on the Cases tab of the Projectproject's configuration, Cases cases appear as Sections sections on the Questions Contents tab of the Create/Edit Exam Form page. The Lock Response check box for the Case Section case section is absent for the entire Section section and also for individual items. The settings for individual items are displayed as read-only check boxes, as shown below.
When the Export Cases as Sections (For QTI Packages) check box is not selected on Cases tab of the Projectproject's configuration, the items on Cases cases appear in Unsectioned Sections along with other independent items if any, on the Contents tab of the Create/Edit Exam Form page. The Lock Response check box for these Case Sections is absent for individual items. The settings for individual Case Items case items are displayed as read-only check boxes, as shown below.