The Locking Response for items assigned to Cases, when added to an Exam Form, prevents a candidate from viewing or answering items more than once. An example of this may be that the answer to one of the items is contained in either the Question stem or options for that item. This stops the candidate from going back to a previous item after it has already been answered.
Lock Response is supported for the following item types:
The system does not prevent you from applying Lock Response to the following item types, but Lock Response is NOT enforced and no system errors are produced:
- Select the Develop Questions → Cases menu and select View Cases.
- Click the Edit button for the desired Case.
- The items assigned to the Case are displayed on the Questions tab of the Add/EditCase page.
- Select the check box for the Lock Response column header to Lock Responses for the complete set of items for the selected Case.
- The user can also Lock Responses for only certain items of the Case by selecting individual Lock Response boxes for specific items.
- Click Save to save the Case with the changes.
Items with Lock Response enabled are displayed with a blue lock icon preceding their Question Stem in the search result grid of the Search Question page.
The Lock Response check box setting for Items on Cases is carried over to Exam Forms. The setting is only available as read-only for those items on an Exam Form.
When the Export Cases as Sections (For QTI Packages) check box is selected on the Cases tab of the Project's configuration, Cases appear as Sections on the Questions tab of the Create/Edit Exam Form page. The Lock Response check box for the Case Section is absent for the entire Section and also for individual items. The settings for individual items are displayed as read-only check boxes, as shown below.
When the Export Cases as Sections (For QTI Packages) check box is not selected on Cases tab of the Project's configuration, the items on Cases appear in Unsectioned Sections along with other independent items if any, on the Contents tab of the Create/Edit Exam Form page. The Lock Response check box for these Case Sections is absent for individual items. The settings for individual Case Items are displayed as read-only check boxes, as shown below.