Item banks are repositories of Projects projects belonging to an Organizationorganization. Conceptually, Item Banks make it possible for many Projects projects to mutually share content objects.
Content objects in the scope of an Item Bank refer to Questions items or a group of Questions items (e.g., Casecase, Sectionsection, Exam Form, Question Collectionexam form, item collection, etc.)
The salient features of Item Banks are as follows:
- All Item Banks are scoped to an Organizationorganization.
- Item Banks have a collection of one or more Projectsprojects.
- All content objects belong to one or more Projects projects in a single Item Bank. No two Item Banks share the same content objects.
- All content objects are editable in a single Project project and viewable in more than one Project project in the same Item Bank.
- Users in the role of Item Bank Administrators can create and edit the contents of Item Banks.
There can be multiple Item Bank Administrators in an Organizationorganization, but only one Item Bank Administrator for an Item Bank.
- All new Item Banks will have a default Project project when first created.
The default Project project for an Item Bank should not be used for actual work tasks with users other than Project Managers. Refer to Section 6.1 the Manage Project help page for more information on Default Projects.
As an Item Bank Administrator, you are responsible for setting up and modifying the contents of the Item Bank as follows:
- Creating Create Item Banks.Creating
- Create Projects inside Item Banks and assigning Project Managers to such Projectsprojects.
- Managing Manage Users: Creating Create users and assigning them to Projects projects in an Item Bank.Managing
- Manage Projects: Selecting Select content (Questionsitems, Casescases, Examsexams, Blueprintsblueprints, etc.) and assigning assign it to particular Projectsprojects.
- Responding to requests of Project Managers to make content editable in their Projectproject when it was previously assigned as view-only.
- Generating Generate reports for all content objects inside Item Banks.