Here is a brief explanation of the files seen abovethat may be present within the zip file:
- "Itempool.xml": XML file containing information related to all the Questions.
- "AS1.xml": represents the unsectioned Section nodes and related settingsall Questions included in the section.
- "Assessment_Matching<Form Name>.xml": represents the ExamForm nodes and related settingsthe list of all sections in the Exam.
- "C<Case ID>.xml": represents Case Section nodes and all Questions included in the section.
- "ResourceMap.zip": This file contains "ResourceMap.xml" file used to define various display settings for Assets such as the scroll position and split screen state in the Pearson VUE Player.
- Image files (if any): Assets.
- "11<Exam Name>.cpf": Pearson Compiler Project file, which can run in the Pearson VUE Player and play the examination.
- "manifest.xml": Manifest file. Identifies exam Language, and all the contents of the exam.
- "QAReview.xml": Group all items on one exam form for review purposes.
- "S<Section ID>.xml": represents Sections the user created and added to the Exam, and all Questions included in the section.
If you encounter this error while compiling your QTI, please consult with your application consultant.
For Section nodes:
When an Exam Form is exported to a QTI Package from the Delivery Configuration Tool page, the Section nodes are carried as XML files with the following naming conventions according to the format of their Idents:
For ExamForm nodes
ExamForm nodes (Assessment nodes) idents with # and $ also exhibit a similar behavior as Section nodes.
Under PearsonvuePrecondition (under ExamForm/Section nodes)
The $ and # replacement also happens on the following nodes LinkRefID attributes:
Variable Comparison (VARIABLE_COMPARISON)
Response Comparison (RESPONSE_COMPARISON)
Item State (ITEM_STATE)
The behavior is also seen for PearsonvueApplication - Calculator.
When an “&” (ampersand) symbol is used in a Question Stem or Answer Option, it is first carried to the “Itempool.xml” file.
Therefore, a Question with a Stem having an “&” symbol as below,
will have a Stem entry in the “Itempool.xml” file as below,
where the “&” is replaced by “&”, which is correct per HTML notation.
However, if the “Itempool.xml” is manually edited to change this entry to “&”, which is not its correct HTML notation, then it results in a compilation error in the Pearson VUE QTI Compiler and the compilation fails.
When any font attribute is modified for a MathML expression in the MathML window of any Question, an error message similar to the one shown below is generated in the Pearson VUE QTI Compiler and the compilation fails.
This can be fixed by editing the "Itempool.xml" with a text editor such as Notepad. Locate the affected code at the mentioned line number(s) and move the font attributes block (including mathsize, mathvariant, mathbackground, and mathcolor) from the <m:mrow> tag, into the <m:mtext> tag as shown in the example below