- Select the Develop Questions → Cases → View Cases menu.
Click the Edit button for the desired Case.
Info title What is the easiest way for Question Authors to create Cases?
The Question Authors (SMEs) can also visit this page by selecting Case (G-Type) from the Question Type drop-down list at the top of the Write Questions Page (assuming the Project Settings allow these types of Questions). Typically, Question Authors give the Case a name and add the shared text passage or Asset(s). In order to add Questions, Question Authors must either select Write Question from the Select Questions tab (see below) for each new Question they want to add to the Case, OR they must select Questions from the bank of available Questions.
The Add/Edit Case page is displayed with the Case lead-in details and the Questions associated with the selected Case. Modifications can be applied to the Case name and Exhibit text. You are prevented from changing the Exhibit language if Questions have been attached to the Case.
- The AngOff value displayed on the top right is calculated from the individual AngOff values of the selected Questions.
- The Scroll icon can be clicked to toggle enable/disable scrolling of the selected Questions list on the Questions tab, when the number of selected Questions/Cases/Sections exceeds the tab height. Scrolling is enabled by default and a small scrollbar appears on the right when required. When a user clicks the Scroll icon to disable scrolling, the list of all the selected Questions appears on the same page and users must use the browser's vertical scrolling capability to view the entire list.
- The State text for Questions by default is listed as Returned by default for question that are rejected by a reviewer. The text can be renamed on the Item Bank Configuration tab. See the 6.6.1 Configuration Tab topic for details.
- See the Lock Response for Questions of Cases topic to learn more about the Lock Response check box.
Click the Select Questions tab to Write new Questions or to Add/Submit existing Questions to the Case.
To view details about an embedded Asset in the Case Text, double-click the asset to open the details in a pop-up window.
Enter search criteria to retrieve and then add Questions to the Cases. See the 2.3.10 Add a Case topic for details on adding existing Questions to a Case.
Info Expand title How does the selection and pagination of search results work? Excerpt Include 18.104.22.168 Search Results Pagination and Selection nopanel true Info
If the Case is part of an Exam or Section and you add an existing Question that is not on any other exam or section or if you write a new Question for the Case, the newly added Question on the Case is not added to the existing Exam or Section. You must add the Question to the Exam or Section if you need it on the Exam or Section.
If a Question is on an Exam in an unsectioned section and you add the Question to a Case, when you save the Case a message notifies you that the Question added to this case will be moved to the end of the Case section on the following draft exams.
- Click the Write Question button to author a new topic. Using Write Question is typically how Question Authors (SMEs) create new Questions and automatically attach them to the Case. See the 2.3.10 Add a Case topic for details on the Write Question button.
After adding the Question click Save. If you are submitting a Question, click Save Changes/Finish Case from the Write Question page to navigate to the Add/Edit Case page. From this page click Save. The Case is displayed in the View Case page.
A new version of a case is created when any of the following changes are made to the case and saved:
- Update the case name
- Add or remove questions on the case
- Update the sequence of the questions on the case
- Update the lock response on any of the case questions
It is possible for multiple users to open the same version of a case and make modifications simultaneously.
For example, Joe and Bill both open version 1 of My Test Case at the same time. Joe saves the changes to the case. This creates version 2 of My Test Case. Bill still has version 1 open. In order to prevent Bill from overwriting the changes Joe made, ExamDeveloper warns Bill that it is not possible to save the changes because the case has been updated. Bill must click the Refresh the page link to load the latest version of the case, version 2. Bill must then make the desired modifications to the case and save the changes. This creates version 3 of the case.
An error message is displayed if you try to modify the Exhibit Language of a Case that contains Questions. While it is possible to change the Exhibit Language of an empty Case, an error is displayed if it is included in Sections or Exam Forms. The Exhibit Language modification fails.
It is possible to modify the properties of Spreadsheet Material (.xls and .xlsx file format Assets) attached to Exhibit Text via the pop-up window that appears on double-clicking the attached Spreadsheet Material.
The Maximum rows, Maximum columns, and Frame Height can be modified and saved by clicking the Submit button.
The Maximum rows range is from 1 to 500, Maximum columns range is from 1 to 100, and Frame Height range is from 0 to 9999.
Reviewer (Case Review) or Manager role can edit Cases.
Delete Questions on a Case