You can change multiple properties of selected Questions items on the Batch Edit page.
Access the Batch Edit page
- Select the Manage → Project Bank menu.
- Enter Search criteria and click Retrieve Questions.
Select the desiredQuestions
items and click Batch Edit.
As Project Manager, you do not have to move
items back to the Review state if you are the one who is going to make the changes. You can make changes using the Question Bank page regardless of the state of the
item, with the exception of Locked
items, which must first be Cloned.
items at a time
Search for Questionsitems.
items you want toExamine
Click Batch Edit. The Batch Edit page appears.
The Batch Edit page has the following features:
Changes you can make
Select the Blueprint ID from a drop-down list to be applied to the selected Questionsitems.
Add References references to the selected Questions.
Enable (Yes) or disable (No) shuffle response for the selected questions. If Not Set is selected, shuffle response is disabled.
Change the state of the selected Questionsitems.
Part of Collection
Make the selected Questions items part of an existing Collection collection selected via a drop-down.
Find and replace question text
Change the Question item text by using Find and replace Question text feature for all of the selected Questionsitems.
Insert the text to be replaced in Text to replace field, and insert the text to replace with in Text replace with field.
You can apply a Language of language to all the selected Questions items by selecting this checkboxcheck box. A drop-down appears listing all the Languages languages from the current Item Bank for you to choose one.
Exhibits - Add
You can assign either Split Screen or Popup Exhibits split screen or popup exhibits to the selected items. Enter the exhibit number into the Add Item text box. Click the name of the exhibit that is displayed. Click the Add Item button. The exhibit is added to the list below the Add Item text box.
Exhibits - Remove
You can remove stand-alone exhibits from items using the Exhibits - Remove batch edit option.
Enter the exhibit number in the Add Item field. Click the name of the exhibit that is displayed. The exhibit is added to the list below the Add Item text box.
You can batch edit just the split screen exhibit configuration of items, without having to add exhibits. Value settings are enabled when the Change check box is selected for the Setting.Image Added
If any of the values are changing on the selected items, a new revision for the item is created. If none of the values are changing on the selected items, a new revision is not created.
You can randomize the order of the answer options for the selected questionsitems.
Add CalculatorBlocktext Metadata
You can add a calculator to the selected items.Blocktext Metadata to a group of items.
You can set advanced properties item attributes to groups of items. Select the check box for the Property you want to assign to all the selected items and then set the Value.
- Enumerated: Select True to exclude the item from the numbering sequence in the review screen, or False to not exclude the item from the numbering sequence in the review screen. If Not Set is selected, Enumerated is not turned on for the items.
- Shuffle Response: Enable (Yes) or disable (No) shuffle response for the selected items. If Not Set is selected, shuffle response is disabled.
- Add Calculator: Select a calculator from the drop-down list. Only those calculators that are configured for the project appear in the list. See the Advanced Properties Tab topic for details.
Note: If you add a calculator to an item, you must add the calculator to the Exam Level or you will receive a QTI Compilation error. See PearsonvueApplication (Calculator) topic for details on adding calculators to the exam level.
- Set Minimum Response
- : You can set the minimum number of correct response options a candidate can select for an MCQ, Multiple Correct Options
- Not Set = No value is exported. The default min = 1.
- # correct = The number of correct responses you listed in the item is the number of responses a candidate can select. For instance, if you have 5 responses and you selected 2 correct response options, the candidate can select a total of 2 response options for that item.
See the Advanced Configuration Properties topic for details.
- Set Maximum Response
- : You can set the maximum number of correct response options a candidate can select for an MCQ, Multiple Correct Options
- Not Set = No value is exported. The default max = the number of response options on a given item.
See the Advanced Configuration Properties topic for details.
As of the 1809 release, the Rich Text Editor for Blocktext Metadata was updated.
Image RemovedSee sections Rich Text Editor Functions and Insert and Format Tables for details on working with the Rich Text Editor
- Response Required: You can specify whether the test driver should prevent candidates from navigating off any item they have not answered completely. Select True to prevent candidates from navigating off the item if they have not answered the item, and select False to allow candidates to navigate away from items that have not been answered. If Not Set is selected, the Response Required feature is not configured for the item.
- Response Confirmation: You can specify that the test driver should prompt candidates to confirm their answer to an item before moving off of it. Select True to prompt candidates to confirm their answer to the item before navigating away from the item, or select False to allow candidates to navigate away from the item without confirming the answer to the item. If Not Set is selected, the Response Confirmation feature is not configured for the item.
- No Response Confirmation: You can specify that the test driver should prompt candidates for confirmation to move off an item if they did not respond to the item completely. Select True to prompt candidates when they try and navigate away from an unanswered item, and select False to not prompt candidates when they try and navigate away from an unanswered item. If Not Set is selected, the No Response Confirmation feature is not configured for the item.
You can use the Clear Formatting option to clear only Font face or Font Size, or Clear All Formatting from the selected items.
See the Clear All Formatting topic for details on formatting that is cleared when the Clear All Formatting option is selected.
Clones the selected Questionsitems. Please note that the original Question item and its clone become Enemiesenemies. The Enemies enemies of the original Question item also become the Enemies enemies of the cloned Questionitem.
A confirmation pop-up window appears with check boxes for Statistics, Blueprint, or Metadata, which must be selected in order to transfer information related to these parameters from the original Questionitem to the cloned Question item.
When you opt to de-select the Statistics check box, and the Question item has statistics associated with it via External ID, the statistics are not transferred to the cloned Questionitem, but the External ID is transferred to the cloned Question. In the previous versions of ExamDeveloper, the statistics were transferred to the cloned Question regardless of the state of the Statistics check box.item.
You can opt via radio button to make the original Question Obsolete, so that only the cloned Question is active. You can select the second radio button to keep the original Question active item active so that there are two active versions of the same Question item in the Item Bank.
If the Question item being cloned is part of a Draft Exam Form/Section, a warning message is displayed mentioning the name of the Draft Exam Form/Section. This message is not displayed if the Question item is part of a published Exam Form/Section.
Questions Items in an Obsolete state can only be cloned with batch edits. No other actions under batch edits are permissible.
For Questions items that belong to a Casecase, the cloned Question item is not part of the original Casecase.
Copy statistics from last version Clicking this link will copy copies the statistics from the last version of the Question item containing statistics, to the current version. Add Comment
Click the Add Comment button to add a comment for the Batch edit.
Preserve incomplete review data
Select Preserve incomplete review data to not require a re-review by your reviewers when a new revision is created.
Use this feature when a Project Manager makes a change via Batch Edit that creates a new revision of an item that has already been advanced or returned by a reviewer. The Project Manger can determine the change is not significant enough to require all the reviewers to re-review the item. This feature creates a new revision of the item, but it does not clear out the review data for the current state on the user tracking tab. Reviewers are not required to re-review the item. The same number of reviewers are still required to trigger a state change for the item.
- Select the property you want to edit. As you select a property, the editable fields for the property is displayed in the lower half of the page. You may only select one property at a time and make edits.Image Removed
- Edit the properties as required.
- Click Preview Edits.
- Batch Edit page is displayed notifying the user about the number of Questions items affected and the criteria to be modified.
- If you wish to edit more properties for the same selected set of Questionsitems, click Re-Edit instead of Save. Once you have made the necessary edits, you can click Preview Edits to return to the page as in step 7 to finalize the batch edits.
Click Save to save the changes for theQuestions
items selected from the Project Bank page.
When you use Batch Edit to try and change the state of any Point and Click items, the state is not changed if they are missing Shapes or Shape Labels. An error report is produced.
See Point and Click topic for details on how to fix the Point and Click item.
- Click Search for more Questions to navigate back to the Question Item Bank page to search for more Questions items to be batch edited with the same changes.
During Batch Edit, when you try to save a group of Questions items and if at least one of these Questions item versions has Statistics statistics tied to it, you will be are prompted with radio button choices for Retain Statistics or Do not retain Statistics, user is required to have permission to modify the Questionitem.
The radio buttons to confirm whether or not to retain statistics while trying to save Questions items with statistics after batch editing, is not shown if the Show 'Retain Statistics' pop-up warning for modified items check box on the Project tab of the Projectproject's configuration page is not selected. This check box is enabled by default, and therefore the radio buttons also appear by default.
If you try and Batch Edit Case Exhibits and Case Questions case exhibits and case items and try and change the language, you will get varying results.