You You can change multiple properties of selected questions items on the Batch Edit screen, which you access by clicking Batch Edit on the Search Questions screen.
To edit multiple questions at a time:
Image Removed For details, refer to Searching Questions.
Access the Batch Edit page
- Select the Manage → Project Bank menu.
- Enter Search criteria and click Retrieve Questions.
Select the desired items and click Batch Edit.
As Project Manager, you do not have to move items back to the Review state if you are the one who is going to make the changes. You can make changes using the Question Bank page regardless of the state of the item, with the exception of Locked items, which must first be Cloned.
Edit multiple items at a time
Search for items.
For details, refer to Search for Items.
Select the items you want to examine.screen comes up.
Click Batch Edit. The Batch Edit
Image Removed|| Property ||
The Batch Edit page has the following features:||
Changes you can makeSelect the properties you want to edit. As you keep selecting properties, the editable fields for each property show up in the lower half of the screen.
Select the Blueprint ID of the questions from a drop-down list to be applied to the selected items.
Add references used by the questions.
Select to randomize the positioning of the options when the question is presented to examinees.
Add comments to the questions.
Change the state of the questions.
To add the contents for the selected metadata type/types.
Add a search label to all of the questions, either by selecting from the list of existing labels or by adding a new search label. You may also choose to remove all existing search labels associated with the questions.
Part of Collection
Change membership of questions within question collections
These are all custom metadata for the project that can be associated with the selected questions
to the selected items.
Change the state of the selected items.
Part of Collection
Make the selected items part of an existing collection selected via a drop-down.
Find and replace question text
Change the item text by using Find and replace Question text feature for all of the selected items.
Insert the text to be replaced in Text to replace field, and insert the text to replace with in Text replace with field.
You can apply a language to all the selected items by selecting this check box. A drop-down appears listing all the languages from the current Item Bank for you to choose one.
Exhibits - Add
You can assign either split screen or popup exhibits to the selected items. Enter the exhibit number into the Add Item text box. Click the name of the exhibit that is displayed. Click the Add Item button. The exhibit is added to the list below the Add Item text box.
Exhibits - Remove
You can remove stand-alone exhibits from items using the Exhibits - Remove batch edit option.
Enter the exhibit number in the Add Item field. Click the name of the exhibit that is displayed. The exhibit is added to the list below the Add Item text box.
You can batch edit just the split screen exhibit configuration of items, without having to add exhibits. Value settings are enabled when the Change check box is selected for the Setting.Image Added
If any of the values are changing on the selected items, a new revision for the item is created. If none of the values are changing on the selected items, a new revision is not created.
You can randomize the order of the answer options for the selected items.
You can add Blocktext Metadata to a group of items.
You can set advanced properties item attributes to groups of items. Select the check box for the Property you want to assign to all the selected items and then set the Value.
- Enumerated: Select True to exclude the item from the numbering sequence in the review screen, or False to not exclude the item from the numbering sequence in the review screen. If Not Set is selected, Enumerated is not turned on for the items.
- Shuffle Response: Enable (Yes) or disable (No) shuffle response for the selected items. If Not Set is selected, shuffle response is disabled.
- Add Calculator: Select a calculator from the drop-down list. Only those calculators that are configured for the project appear in the list. See the Advanced Properties Tab topic for details.
Note: If you add a calculator to an item, you must add the calculator to the Exam Level or you will receive a QTI Compilation error. See PearsonvueApplication (Calculator) topic for details on adding calculators to the exam level.
- Set Minimum Response: You can set the minimum number of correct response options a candidate can select for an MCQ, Multiple Correct Options item.
- Not Set = No value is exported. The default min = 1.
- # correct = The number of correct responses you listed in the item is the number of responses a candidate can select. For instance, if you have 5 responses and you selected 2 correct response options, the candidate can select a total of 2 response options for that item.
See the Advanced Configuration Properties topic for details.
- Set Maximum Response: You can set the maximum number of correct response options a candidate can select for an MCQ, Multiple Correct Options item.
- Not Set = No value is exported. The default max = the number of response options on a given item.
See the Advanced Configuration Properties topic for details.
- Response Required: You can specify whether the test driver should prevent candidates from navigating off any item they have not answered completely. Select True to prevent candidates from navigating off the item if they have not answered the item, and select False to allow candidates to navigate away from items that have not been answered. If Not Set is selected, the Response Required feature is not configured for the item.
- Response Confirmation: You can specify that the test driver should prompt candidates to confirm their answer to an item before moving off of it. Select True to prompt candidates to confirm their answer to the item before navigating away from the item, or select False to allow candidates to navigate away from the item without confirming the answer to the item. If Not Set is selected, the Response Confirmation feature is not configured for the item.
- No Response Confirmation: You can specify that the test driver should prompt candidates for confirmation to move off an item if they did not respond to the item completely. Select True to prompt candidates when they try and navigate away from an unanswered item, and select False to not prompt candidates when they try and navigate away from an unanswered item. If Not Set is selected, the No Response Confirmation feature is not configured for the item.
You can use the Clear Formatting option to clear only Font face or Font Size, or Clear All Formatting from the selected items.
See the Clear All Formatting topic for details on formatting that is cleared when the Clear All Formatting option is selected.
Clones the selected items. Please note that the original item and its clone become enemies. The enemies of the original item also become the enemies of the cloned item.
A confirmation pop-up window appears with check boxes for Statistics, Blueprint, or Metadata, which must be selected in order to transfer information related to these parameters from the original item to the cloned item.
When you opt to de-select the Statistics check box, and the item has statistics associated with it via External ID, the statistics are not transferred to the cloned item, but the External ID is transferred to the cloned item.
You can opt via radio button to make the original Question Obsolete, so that only the cloned Question is active. You can select the second radio button to keep the original item active so that there are two active versions of the same item in the Item Bank.
If the item being cloned is part of a Draft Exam Form/Section, a warning message is displayed mentioning the name of the Draft Exam Form/Section. This message is not displayed if the item is part of a published Exam Form/Section.
Items in an Obsolete state can only be cloned with batch edits. No other actions under batch edits are permissible.
For items that belong to a case, the cloned item is not part of the original case.
Copy statistics from last version Clicking this link copies the statistics from the last version of the item containing statistics, to the current version. Add Comment
Click the Add Comment button to add a comment for the Batch edit.
Preserve incomplete review data
Select Preserve incomplete review data to not require a re-review by your reviewers when a new revision is created.
Use this feature when a Project Manager makes a change via Batch Edit that creates a new revision of an item that has already been advanced or returned by a reviewer. The Project Manger can determine the change is not significant enough to require all the reviewers to re-review the item. This feature creates a new revision of the item, but it does not clear out the review data for the current state on the user tracking tab. Reviewers are not required to re-review the item. The same number of reviewers are still required to trigger a state change for the item.
- Select the property you want to edit. As you select a property, the editable fields for the property is displayed in the lower half of the page. You may only select one property at a time and make edits.
- Edit the properties as required.
- Click "Preview Edits".
- Batch Edit page will be is displayed notifying the user , about the number of questions, going to be items affected , and the criteria 's going to be modified for the questions.
Image RemovedClick "save", to Image Added
- If you wish to edit more properties for the same selected set of items, click Re-Edit instead of Save. Once you have made the necessary edits, you can click Preview Edits to return to the page as in step 7 to finalize the batch edits.
Click Save to save the changes for thequestions
items selected fromthe question bank page.
- Click "Re-Edit" to edit few more properties / to change the properties selected, for the same set of questions selected from the question bank page.
- Click "Search for more questions", to navigate back to the question bank page.
Image Removed You can also Clone Questions from the Batch Edit screen.
the Project Bank page.
When you use Batch Edit to try and change the state of any Point and Click items, the state is not changed if they are missing Shapes or Shape Labels. An error report is produced.
See Point and Click topic for details on how to fix the Point and Click item.
- Click Search for more Questions to navigate back to the Item Bank page to search for more items to be batch edited with the same changes.
During Batch Edit, when you try to save a group of items and if at least one of these item versions has statistics tied to it, you are prompted with radio button choices for Retain Statistics or Do not retain Statistics, user is required to have permission to modify the item.
The radio buttons to confirm whether or not to retain statistics while trying to save items with statistics after batch editing, is not shown if the Show 'Retain Statistics' pop-up warning for modified items check box on the Project tab of the project's configuration page is not selected. This check box is enabled by default, and therefore the radio buttons also appear by default.
If you try and Batch Edit case exhibits and case items and try and change the language, you will get varying results.