Once you click Build QTI Package from the View Exam tab, you have the option to create and apply templates to your exam forms to customize presentation sections, scoring options, NDAs, sections, and more. You can work with multiple exam forms of an exam group at one time in the QTI Builder; select the exam forms you want to export and click Build QTI Package to open the Delivery Configuration Tool page.
The Delivery Configuration Tool page is like an entirely independent application - the ExamDeveloper menus, which are still visible, do not handle the functionality of this page in any manner. It is possible to navigate back to the View Exam tab of the ExamDeveloper application by clicking the Return to Exams link on the top left.
Exam Editor tab
Most of the modifications to the exam are made on the Exam Editor tab of the Delivery Configuration Tool page. Changes cannot be made to the Exam node and therefore it shows as having no editable configuration in the right pane, when selected, but the rest of the nodes below it can be modified as necessary.
The page is split into left and right panes. The left pane has a tree-like structure with nodes representing the Exam Group, Exam Form, and Sections from the ExamDeveloper application.
- The Exam node, representing the Exam Group of the selected exam form(s) selected for QTI Package, is the topmost node.
In the above example, this is the node named "Exam - EG1".
- The ExamForm node, representing the selected exam form, is placed under the Exam node. There can be several ExamForm nodes if you select multiple exam forms, each bearing names of the selected exam forms.
In the above example, this is the node named "ExamForm - Exam Form Title 1".
- The Section node, represents the sections under the exam forms in ExamDeveloper, and is placed under the ExamForm node. Each exam form has a default section node named $S1 containing items not contained in any section.
In the above example, this can be seen as the node named "Section - DemoSection".
Also, Section nodes are created from Cases in exam forms if the setting Export Cases as Sections (For QTI Packages) on the Cases tab of the project's Configuration page is selected. Such section nodes are placed under the ExamForm node.
In the above example, Section nodes "Section - Test Case 1" and "Section - 2013DemoUser8" represent cases with the same names in the exam form.
If a case is contained in a section in an exam form, then that is represented as a section node under its parent section node.
In the above example, Section node "Section - DemoCase" represents a case with the same name under the ExamDeveloper section named "DemoSection", which is represented by its parent section node named "Section - DemoSection".
Items are always contained inside Section nodes. If you click on a Section node, the items it contains appear listed in the right pane along with their Item IDs. The Non-Editable icon means that these are non-editable on this page, while the Preview icon allows you to preview them one last time before sending out the QTI package.
Add a calculator to the exam group level
You can add a calculator to the exam level.
- Right-click on the exam node and select PearsonvueApplication from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Calculator type check boxes for the type of calculator you want available for the exam and select what the default calculator will be if multiple types are selected. Click OK.
The calculator(s) you selected are listed below the exam node.
Save changes to the page configuration
- You must Save any changes made to the configuration on this page before you can use it.
- The Reset button discards any changes you have made to the configuration on this page thus far and resets it to the original default.
- Click the Export button and you are prompted to download the ZIP archive file containing the QTI Package for the selected exam form(s).
- You can also Preview the QTI exam. The exam open in Exam Preview on a new tab.
How are exam forms and exam groups represented on the Delivery Configuration Tool page?
When multiple exam forms belonging to an exam group are exported to Delivery Configuration Tool page, all of them are listed under the common Exam node carrying the name of the Exam Group.
Thus, when multiple exam forms are selected as shown and the Build QTI Package button is clicked, then those exam forms are represented by respective nodes with names in the format “ExamForm - Exam Form name with spaces removed” for the same under the Exam node named in the format “Exam - Exam group name with spaces removed”.
Templates are saved with an ExamDeveloper Placeholder section at the first location of an ExamDeveloper section. The Placeholder section of the template is nothing but a section containing variable components such as items, which are unique to an ExamForm node, cannot be saved to a template, and therefore this section appears empty in the template edit mode. Fixed sections are saved without modification. When the template is applied, the fixed sections are applied as they were saved to the template, but the ExamDeveloper marker section contains the variable components such as items, which are associated with the ExamForm node to which the template was applied.