Cloning an exam section, makes it possible to create an exact copy of an exam section with the same contents as a published exam section. It is also possible to clone a Draft state exam section. This allows users to create a new (cloned) exam section when they need to make some modifications, while the original exam section remains untouched.
Generate a clone of an exam section
- Select the Create Exam → View Sections menu.
- Click the Clone / Translate Section icon corresponding to the exam section.
- In the pop-up that appears, leave the selection at the default radio button Clone only and click the Clone button. To learn about Clone and translate to a target language feature, see the Clone and Translate Exam Sections topic.
- A pop-up displays the progress of the cloning process.
- An exact copy of the original exam section is generated with the name of the original exam section prefixed by "Copy of". The state of the cloned exam section is set to Draft.
- You can later edit the cloned exam section to add more items and assets as required.