You can change multiple properties of selected Questions on the Batch Edit page.
To access the Batch Edit page:
Click Search Questions page → Batch Edit
To edit multiple Questions at a time:
Search for Questions.
- Select the Questions you want to Examine.
- Click Batch Edit. The Batch Edit page will appear.
The Batch Edit page has the following features:
Changes you can make
Select the Blueprint ID from a dropdown list to be applied to the selected Questions.
Add References to the selected Questions.
Select Enable Randomization radio button to randomize the positioning of the Answer Options when the selected Questions are presented to Examinees or select Disable Randomization radio button to disable randomization of the same.
Add Comments to the selected Questions.
Change the state of the selected Questions.
Add a Search Label to all Questions, either by selecting from the list of existing Search Labels or by adding a new Search Label. You may also choose to remove all existing Search Labels associated with the Questions.
Part of Collection
Make the selected Questions part of an existing Collection selected via a dropdown.
Find and replace question text
Change the Question text by using Find and replace Question text feature for all of the selected Questions.
You can apply a Language Code of all the selected Questions by selecting this checkbox. A dropdown appears listing all the Language Codes from the current Item Bank for you to choose one.
Metadata available in the current Project will be displayed with their names and individual selection checkboxes. On selecting the checkbox for a particular Metadata, you can manipulate the Metadata for all the selected Questions in the same way as you would for a single Question. Depending on the Metadata type, you may be able to add, remove, or modify the content or check/uncheck the checkbox in case of Checkbox type Metadata.
Clones the selected Questions. Please note that the original Question and its clone will become Enemies. The Enemies of the original Question will also become the Enemies of the cloned Question.
A confirmation popup window will appear with checkboxes for Statistics, Blueprint, or Metadata, which must be checked in order to transfer information related to these parameters from the original Question to the cloned Question.
If the Question being cloned is part of a Draft Exam Form/Section, a warning message will be displayed mentioning the name of the Draft Exam Form/Section. This message will not be displayed if the Question is part of a published Exam Form/Section.
|Copy statistics from last version||Clicking this link will copy the statistics from the last version of the Question containing statistics, to the current version.|
4. Select the properties you want to edit. As you keep selecting properties, the editable fields for each property will be displayed in the lower half of the page.
5. Edit the properties as required.
6. Click Preview Edits.
7. Batch Edit page will be displayed notifying the user about the number of Questions affected and the criteria to be modified.
8. If you wish to edit more properties for the same selected set of Questions, click Re-Edit instead of Save. Once you have made the necessary edits, you can click Preview Edits to return to the page as in step 7 to finalize the batch edits.
9. Click Save to save the changes for the Questions selected from the Project Bank page.
10. Click Search for more Questions to navigate back to the Question Bank page to search for more Questions to be batch edited with the same changes.