Once all the required modifications have been made and saved to the Exam Form configuration, you are ready to export the QTI Package file to be played in the Pearson VUE Player for the candidate to take the Exam. To generate this ZIP archive package file, click the Export button at the bottom. If you have made changes, you must click Save before clicking Export.
An Export options pop-up appears where you can decide how to generate the Question Review Form, which is a file named "Review.xml", that is also generated along with the other files in the export package. This file contains information about the list of Questions from the Exam Form.
The following selections are available in the Export options pop-up:
- Generate question review form: The Question Review Form "Review.xml" is generated containing all the Questions from the standard Item Bank Project that are on the Exam Form.
- Include items in delivery template item bank in review form: The Question Review Form "Review.xml" is generated containing all the Questions from the standard Item Bank Project that are on the Exam Form and also all the Questions that may be from the Delivery Template Item Bank via template applied to the Exam Form.
The export begins when you click the Ok button. A progress indicator circular animation is shown while the QTI Export is generating.
This may not be visible for smaller Exams because the QTI Export may happen very quickly, but it provides a good measure of the progress of the process for large Exam Forms.
The ZIP file contains all the information about the examination along with the Exam Forms, Questions, and Assets. Shown below is an example of the contents of the ZIP archive.
Here is a brief explanation of the files seen above:
- "Itempool.xml": XML file containing information related to all the Questions.
- "AS1.xml": represents Section nodes and related settings.
- "Assessment_Matching.xml": represents the ExamForm nodes and related settings.
- "ResourceMap.zip": This file contains "ResourceMap.xml" file used to define various display settings for Assets such as the scroll position and split screen state in the Pearson VUE Player.
- Image files (if any): Assets.
- "11.cpf": Pearson Compiler Project file, which can run in the Pearson VUE Player and play the examination.
- "manifest.xml": Manifest file.
- "QAReview.xml": Group all items on one exam form for review purposes.