Access the Review Workflow page
Select the Manage → Setting → Review Workflow menu.
Allow users to review their own Questions
Select Yes to allow the authors to review their own Questions.
Number of reviewers needed to advance a Question to approve it
The number of Reviewers who must advance a Question in its current form before it is approved. Allowed values range from 0 to 15; the default is 3.
Setting this to 0 causes the review process to be entirely skipped.
Number of reviewers needed to return a Question to discard it
The number of Reviewers who must return a Question in its current form before it is returned to the author as rejected. Allowed values range from 1 to 15; the default is 3.
Require reviewers to classify unclassified Questions to level
Choose Yes if Reviewers should ensure the Question is correctly classified, and then select the level to which the Question should be classified from the drop-down list.
Lowest Level in the drop-down list indicates that in a Blueprint of varying depth, the lowest level must be selected irrespective of the depth.
Require Comment on modifying Question
Select Yes if the Reviewer should record/explain changes made on the Create/Edit Question page.
Allow Reviewers to Edit
Allow or disallow users with Reviewer permission to edit the following areas: Item Text (Stem and Option text), Blueprint, Metadata, and Reference.
Each of these areas has check boxes next to them, which grant edit permissions to Reviewers if selected and deny them if not selected. All the check boxes are enabled by default, thus allowing Reviewers to edit all these areas unless manually deselected by the Manager.
Show 'Retain Statistics' pop-up warning for modified items
The popup to confirm retaining statistics while trying to save a Question with statistics after modifying for a Review State will not be shown, if this check box is not selected, and the statistics will be retained.
This check box is selected by default, meaning the pop-up to confirm retaining statistics appears while modifying Questions with statistics.
This check box is grayed out and the statistics are retained while saving a Question with statistics after modifying for a Review State, if the Show 'Retain Statistics' pop-up warning for modified items check box at the Project level is not selected.
- After selecting all information, click Update to save changes or Cancel to discard changes.
Select Review States
- Click Select review states button. The page with a list of Available Review states in the current Item Bank and the Current Order of the Review States is displayed.
- You can change the order by clicking the Move Up and Move Down arrows.
- To save changes click Save, or to discard the changes click Cancel.
- When you add or move review states, a message notifies you how the review states have changed as a result of saving the changes. In this example, previously Review One had two possible outcomes: Return, which sent the Question back to the Original Author, and Advance, which sent the Question to the Validate state. After adding Review Two and Review Three there are still two possible outcomes: Return, which sends the Question back to the Original Author, and Advance, which now sends the Question on to Review Two. See Add Review Outcomes below for details on how to add more review outcomes.
Add Review Outcomes
Delete Review Outcomes
Disable Review States
- Select Select review states. The page with the list of Available Review states and the Current Order for that Review State is displayed.
- Deselect the check box beside the Review State you would like to disable for the current Project and click Save. The Review State is disabled for the current Project and is no longer visible on the Review Workflow page.
- Then click Update to configure the changes.
If the Review State you want to delete has any assignments, it shows an error message: Please delete the assignments for the states to delete.