In order to view all the item content similar to how a candidate sees the item in an exam, you must create a Preview template. For instance, if you add a calculator to an item you must add the calculator to the preview template or you will not be able to preview the item. You may also want to set the Global Font Override if your content uses a different font than the default font. You may also want to add section controls to your preview template. Once you create the template, you must also configure the Item Preview Template for the project.
- Select the Create Exam Form → DT Templates menu.
- Click the Create Template ExamForm button.
- This opens the Create/Edit DT Template page with a Qti - Template node containing a placeholder ExamForm node.
Add Calculator to Preview template
- Right-click on Qti - Template and select PearsonApplication from the pop-up menu.
Select the Calculator type check boxes for the type of calculator you want available for the exam and select what the default calculator will be if multiple types are selected. Click OK.
If you select more than one calculator type, a combo calculator is added. You must add all the possible combinations for each of the calculator types you might add to your items. This allows the specific calculator type to display properly in your item.
- Standard & Scientific
- Standard & Graphing
- Scientific & Standard
- Scientific & Graphing
- Graphing & Standard
- Graphing & Scientific
- Standard & Scientific & Graphing
- Scientific & Standard & Graphing
- Graphing & Standard & Scientific
- The calculator(s) you added are listed below the Qti - Template node.
Delete calculator from Preview template
- Right-click on the desired calculator node and select Delete from the pop-up menu.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion. The calculator is removed from the Qti - Template node.
Set Global Font Override
- Click the ExamForm - null node. The ExamForm properties are displayed on the right panel.
- Select the Global Configuration tab.
- The default font and size applied to all text within an item is Tahoma, 9 pt font. Select the Font face and Font size your items will use.
Add Section Controls
- Expand the ExamForm - null node to reveal the Section - Placeholder_xxxx node.
- Right-click on the Section node and select SectionprocExtension from the pop-up menu.
- Right-click on SectionprocExtension and select PearsonvueSectionControl from the pop-up menu.
- Select the PearsonvueSectionControl node. The PearsonvueSectionControl properties panel opens on the right.
- If you allow candidates to enter comments about an item, select True for the Allow Comments property. This enables the Allow Comments modal to display in the preview.
- If you will allow candidates to navigate between items during an exam, select Non-Linear for the Navigation mode property.
- If you want to see the count of items, select True for the Presentational property.
Save the Preview Template
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Enter a Name for the template.
- Click Save.
- Click OK to reload the template. You are returned to the Create/Edit DT Template page with the Qti - Template node selected.
- Click the Create Exam Form → DT Templates menu on the navigation bar.
- Scroll through the list of templates to locate your Preview Template in the list.
- If you wish to edit the template, click the Click to edit DT Template icon for your template.
Apply Preview template to a project
Once you have created a preview template, you must apply it to the project.
- Click the Home link on the navigation bar to return to the ExamDeveloper landing page.
- Expand the desired Item Bank and click the desired project in the list.
- Select the Manage → Settings menu and select the Configuration tab.
- Select the Project tab.
- Scroll down to the Item Preview Template property and select your Preview Template from the drop-down list.
- Click Update to save your changes.
- You are now able to preview your items and see the configurations you added to the preview template.